Folks, it’s that time again. Issue 35 of The Lifted Brow has been delivered unto us and we are totally rapt. Want to know why? Just gaze upon this luscious cover artwork, whipped up by the inimitable Haein Kim. It’s the bubble-gum-pink fantasy you didn’t know you needed in your life.
As well as revealing the winning piece for the 2017 Prize for Experimental Non-fiction, this issue contains an incredible mix of essays, fiction, poetry, comics and visual art from around Australia and all across the globe.
Please be more specific, you cry? Of course! Issue 35 of The Lifted Brow features:
- mixtape cassette liner notes by Anwen Crawford (and for subscribers only, instructions on how to claim your free mixtape cassette or download code);
- non-fiction from Ellena Savage, Jana Perković, Hayley Singer, Dion Kagan, Mark Dean, Adalya Nash Hussein, Sarah Sentilles, Zoe Holman, Antonia Pont, Shirley Le, and Joanna Walsh;
- short fiction by Haris A. Durrani, and also a piece of Croatian fiction by Jasna Jasna Žmak translated by Jana Perković;
- poetry by Abdellatif Laâbi (translated by Pierre Joris), Najwan Darwish (translated by Kareem James Abu-Zeid), and Dai Weina (translated by Liang Yujing);
- a conversation between George Saunders and Paul Dalla Rosa;
- comics and artwork from Shay Colley, Meg O’Shea, Rosie Whelan, Ben Juers, Emma Davidson, Gina Wynbrandt, Joanna Frank, Bryce Pemberton, Bailey Sharp, Amaya Lang, Lasse Wandschneider, Matthew Thurber, Dianna Settles, Jason Herr, José-Luis Olivares, Mish Meijers, Power Paola, and Fionn McCabe;
- and, as always, Benjamin Law and his mum Jenny's sex and relationships advice column ‘Law School’.
This pink prize will be available to purchase in early September. As always, subscribers will be the first to get their hands on freshly printed copies of our mag. And, as mentioned above, they will also receive instructions on how to request their own TLB mixtape cassette/digital download. So subscribe now and get the full TLB sensory experience. TLB in 4D.