The latest issue of our quarterly attack journal, The Lifted Brow, has come back from the printers and is looking mighty good. Lucky for you, it's on shelves and in stores across Australia today!
As well as the winning piece for the 2017 Prize for Experimental Non-fiction, this issue contains an incredible mix of essays, fiction, poetry, comics and visual art from around Australia and all across the globe. Issue 35 of The Lifted Brow features:
- mixtape cassette liner notes by Anwen Crawford (and for subscribers only, instructions on how to claim your free mixtape cassette or download code);
- non-fiction from Ellena Savage, Jana Perković, Hayley Singer, Dion Kagan, Mark Dean, Adalya Nash Hussein, Sarah Sentilles, Zoe Holman, Antonia Pont, Shirley Le, and Joanna Walsh;
- short fiction by Haris A. Durrani, and also a piece of Croatian fiction by Jasna Jasna Žmak translated by Jana Perković;
- poetry by Abdellatif Laâbi (translated by Pierre Joris), Najwan Darwish (translated by Kareem James Abu-Zeid), and Dai Weina (translated by Liang Yujing);
- a conversation between George Saunders and Paul Dalla Rosa;
- comics and artwork from Shay Colley, Meg O’Shea, Rosie Whelan, Ben Juers, Emma Davidson, Gina Wynbrandt, Joanna Frank, Bryce Pemberton, Bailey Sharp, Amaya Lang, Lasse Wandschneider, Matthew Thurber, Dianna Settles, Jason Herr, José-Luis Olivares, Mish Meijers, Power Paola, and Fionn McCabe;
- and, as always, Benjamin Law and his mum Jenny's sex and relationships advice column ‘Law School’.
We’re absolutely pumped about how good this issue is. You can pick up a copy from our network of retailers in Australia and around the world, or buy a copy online if you live somewhere other than Australia. Of course, you can have Issue 35 delivered straight to your door; subscribe to The Lifted Brow and we will post you four issues of the magazine. You’ll receive them even before our stockists do, plus you’ll save 35% off the cover price! Subscribers will also have access to TLB's first-ever cassette mixtape, created for this issue, with music from some of Australia’s most interesting and exciting independent acts.
Also, come celebrate the launch of Issue 35 on Friday the 15th September at The Curtin Hotel, featuring performances from three of our mixtape artists: Pillow Pro, Pikelet and Lalić - it's not to be missed.