Issue 37 of The Lifted Brow is the actual real start to 2018 you’ve been waiting for – jam-packed with so much new Australian creative and political writing and artwork. Check out the names of the contributors below!!! What a clump of talent.
With a cover by artist Joanna Frank featuring day-glo pinks and oranges, this issue includes:
- essays by Jessie Berry-Porter, Eda Gunaydin, Lucinda Strahan, and Holly Childs;
- fiction by Tien Tran, Elizabeth Tan, Andrés Barba and Hannah Giorgis;
- poetry by Ali Cobby Eckermann, Michelle Cahill, and George Angel, as well as a suite of poems by Esdras Parra that have translated by Jamie Berrrout;
- a conversation between Ali Cobby Eckermann and Michelle Cahill;
- an interview with Teju Cole by Khalid Warsame;
- columns by Nick Taras, Mark Dean, Michael Dulaney, and Benjamin Law and his mum Jenny’s sex advice column;
- the most wonderful series on the topic of levity featuring Nayuka Gorrie, Tom Lee, Tanya Vavilova, Rebecca Slater, Josephine Rowe, Bobuq Sayed, and David Finnigan;
- and comics and artwork by HTMLflowers, Anna Haifisch, Lee Lai, Saehan Parc, Emma Kohlmann, Michael Theodorou, Leonie Brialey, Georgette Stefoulis, Meg O'Shea, Funmi Durojaiye, Tommi Parrish, Paul Rhodes, Eloise Grills, and Shay Colley.
And for a limited time only, anyone who subscribes before the end of February can also choose to receive a free book: either The Best of The Lifted Brow: Volume Two or Law School! Take up this offer here now before we change our minds.