Good news! Issue 38 of The Lifted Brow has hit the printers and, boy, are we filled with Emotion. This issue is a one of our best – packed with essays, fiction, commentary, poetry, comics and artwork that'll knock your socks off. Take a look at the stellar list of contributors below, and you'll see why we really really really really really really like this issue.
With a dreamy cover by Australian comic book artist Merv Heers, Issue 38 of The Lifted Brow includes:
- an 8000-word cultural commentary essay on Carly Rae Jepsen, by Stephen Pham;
- essays by Isabella Trimboli, Alexandra Heller-Nicholas, Emma Marie-Jones, Lauren Carroll Harris, Hessom Razavi, Monikka Eliah, and Kate Prendergast;
- fiction by Allee Richards and Tom Lee;
- poetry by Eileen Chong, Zeina Hashem Beck, and Sumudu Samarawickrama;
- a conversation between Eileen Chong and Zeina Hashem Beck;
- prose by Nha Thuyen, translated into English by Kaitlin Rees;
- columns by Dion Kagan, Jana Perković, Hayley Singer, Michael Dulaney, and Benjamin Law and his mum Jenny’s sex advice column;
- and comics and artwork by Felix Decombat, Josephine Edwards, Michael Hawkins, Meg O'Shea, Peo Michie, Joe Kessler, Caroline Wylds, Anton Seder, Lizzie Nagy, Molly Turner, Mira Schlosberg, Aaron Billings, Dayne Swerdling, Giulia Pelizzaro, Leonie Brialey, Marlo Mogensen, Tim Ungaro, Molly Dyson, and Claudia Chinyere AkoleHTMLflowers, Anna Haifisch, Lee Lai, Saehan Parc, Emma Kohlmann, Michael Theodorou, Leonie Brialey, Georgette Stefoulis, Meg O'Shea, Funmi Durojaiye, Tommi Parrish, Paul Rhodes, Eloise Grills, and Shay Colley.
Issue 38 will be out 4 June (two weeks from today) so pre-order a copy or subscribe to be among the first to read it. Alternatively you can start planning your journey to one of our many local and international stockists. However you do it, make sure you get your mitts on this sweet, sweet magaziney goodness while it's hot.