Fun seasonal news! In two weeks we’ll be releasing Issue 39 of The Lifted Brow into our newly sprung world. This issue features the winning piece from this year’s Prize for Experimental Non-fiction, as well as the usual cornucopia of smart/weird/biting commentary, fiction, comics and poetry.
This is the first issue to be co-edited by Jini Maxwell, alongside Zoe Dzunko and Justin Wolfers, and it's everything we dreamed it would be.
With a cover by renowned artist Jason Herr, Issue 39 of The Lifted Brow includes:
- the winning piece from the 2018 Prize for Experimental Non-Fiction;
- Leslie Jamison in conversation with Madelaine Lucas;
- essays by Nancy Lee, Lur Alghurabi, Nadia Bailey, Chantelle Mitchell, Bridget Lutherborrow, Phoebe Grainer, and Ainslee Meredith;
- fiction by Zoë Comyns and by Diane Williams;
- poetry from Hanif Abdurraqib, Marwa Helal, and Mindy Gill;
- fiction by South Korean writer Kim Yi-Seol, translated into English by Janet Hong;
- columns by Rebecca Harkins-Cross, Mark Dean, Jana Perković, Michael Dulaney, and Benjamin Law and his mum Jenny’s sex advice column;
- and comics and artwork by Lee Lai, Funmi Durojaiye, Leonie Brialey, Jose-Luis Olivares, Vendy Methodos, DW, Vincent Fritz, Georgette Stefoulis, Andrina Manon, Jingting Wang, Dewey Guyen, Franz Lang, Nadia Ingrid, Shay Colley, Michael Fikaris, Maria Yanovsky, Emilie Walsh, and Aaron Grech.
Muy tempting, ¿no?
We’re launching this beauty on 13 September at the lovely Fitzroy Town Hall. Festivities kick off at 6:30pm, followed by readings at about 7pm. RSVP here, come along, grab a drink and help us celebrate this very rad issue.