In case you didn’t know: we turned ten years old this year. Ten whole years of the Brow; ten whole years of work by our volunteer staffers to bring you, our valued readers, only the very best writing and art and other things that we can find.
To celebrate, we’ve put together a very special edition of the Brow – and we’ve just sent it off to the printers, so it will very soon be a real thing in the world that you can get your hands on. Here’s what’s inside (and outside, on the cover):
- cover art by Wakana Yamazaki;
- nonfiction from Ellena Savage, Rebecca Harkins-Cross, Dion Kagan, Jana Perkovic, elena gomez, Emma Marie Jones, Agri Ismaïl, Jenan Taylor, Doug Paul Case, Anna Spargo-Ryan, Rebecca Jessen, Helen Addison-Smith, and Harry Saddler;
- fiction by Colin Winnette, Mira Schlosberg, David Oberg, and Carlos Yushimito (translated by Elizabeth Bryer);
- poetry by Joshua Jennifer Espinoza, Alison Whittaker, and Ajiba Tolase;
- a conversation between Joshua Jennifer Espinoza and Alison Whittaker;
- comics and artwork from Beatrix Urkowitz, Nicky Minus, Lee Lai, Amy Lockhart, Anya Davidson, D.W., Shay Colley, Lizzie Nagy, Rachel Ang, Phoebe Kahlo, Freda Chiu, José-Luis Olivares, Haein Kim, and Michael Theodorou;
- a brand new section: ‘By Numbers’ (with a big head-nod towards the famous Harper’s Index);
- and, as always, Benjamin Law and his mum Jenny’s sex and relationships advice column.
If you want to be among the very first people to get your hands and eyeballs onto a copy of TLB33, then you’ll want to subscribe. Subscribers receive their copies before anybody else, and they get a 35% discount, and they support the magazine that supports the most interesting and thought-provoking writers and artists. As if that weren’t enough – subscribers also get discounted entry to the aforementioned launch party (to which you should obviously come, if you can). So what are you waiting for? Subscribe early, subscribe often.
Also also also: please come to our 10th birthday party/TLB33 launch, won’t you?