TLB27 is finally here, and on shelves in stores today! Grab your copy now.
The Lifted Brow relaunched earlier this year with a new format and new overall design, and we have been astounded by how many folks have been buying it off the shelves, and also subscribing.
Issue 27 continues the excellence of previous issues. It includes:
- cover artwork by Lale Westvind, and also a feature comic inside by Westvind,
- nonfiction from folks like Jenn Shapland, Rachel Perks, Stephanie Convery, Shawn Wen, Sophie Shanahan, Zora Sanders, Sam Kriss, Rachel Hennessy, Caroline Crew, Caitlin McGregor and Omar Musa,
- wonderful columns from Dion Kagan, Briohny Doyle, Annabel-Brady Brown, and Jana Perkovic,
- fiction from Jensen Beach and Jennifer Down,
- little snippets from Ellen van Neerven, Adolfo Aranjuez and Mohammed Ahmad,
- poetry by Mud Howard, t'ai freedom ford and Phillip B. Williams,
- Benjamin Law and his mum Jenny’s sex and relationships advice column,
- comics and artwork from Carla McRae, Lee Lai, Diego Ramirez, Sam Wallman, Merv Heers, Mona Moradveisi, Mickey Zacchilli, Michael Hawkins, Katie Parrish, Bligh Twyford-Moore, Sophie Yanow, Sergiy Maidukov, Egle Zvirblyte, and Valentine Gallardo,
- a feature on the oral history project ‘Behind the Wire’ which documents the experiences of those people who have spent time in Australia’s mandatory detention system,
- and a tribute to our recently-departed friend and hero Kat Muscat, compiled entirely from her own words.
TLB27 has today hit hundreds of newsstands, bookstores and specialty outlets throughout Australia, so stride on out there and find yourself a copy before your local stockists sell out. (Ask your local newsagent or bookstore if they have copies. And if they don’t, encourage them to — we’d love to have more stockists.)
Of course, if you want to subscribe to The Lifted Brow, then we will deliver four issues a year to your door, and you’ll receive them before even the stores get them! Plus you’ll save 35% off the cover price.