The Running with Deer Edition of The Lifted Brow: Digital is out now!
Our final digital issue for 2014, the Running with Deer Edition features a swag of goodies to tide you over until we return in late Jan: Jonathan David Brent questions whether commerce inspired the most creative music of 2014; Sean Beld has gifted us with three gnarly poems; plus challenging fiction from Madeleine Watts, after the Bad Thing; two new flash fiction pieces from Angela Meyer; and new dance kids on the block Total Giovanni bestow upon us a mixtape that’ll make your walls sweat.
Nuzzle up to our super cute contributors:
- Angela Meyer is the author of a collection of flash fiction, Captives (Inkerman & Blunt, 2014), and has published stories, articles and reviews widely, including in Best Australian Stories 2014. She is editor of the eerie anthology The Great Unknown. @LiteraryMinded.
- Jonathan David Brent is a writer and online editor of ACCLAIM magazine. He is based in Melbourne and the internet.
- Sean Beld is the recipient of the Joyce Carol Oates Graduate Commencement Prize in Poetry. He received his MFA from Oregon State University and is currently an English Instructor at Orange Coast College in Costa Mesa, CA. His work has appeared in journals such as Cold Mountain Review, The Hartskill Review, The Notre Dame Review, The Whole Beast Rag, The Round and Grasslimb.
- Madeleine Watts is a Sydney-born writer of fiction, essays and journalism based in New York. Her writing has appeared in Los Angeles Review of Books, The Believer, The Hairpin, Junkee and Griffith REVIEW (amongst others).
- Total Giovanni is an experience. It is a feeling. It is the most sexually charged discothèque this side of the Tropic of Capricorn. Notorious for their highly energetic live shows, Total Giovanni create dance music to enable collective psychic liberation. With sets that move from smooth boogie to shamanic disco and heartbreak house, TG have built a reputation on whipping venues into bacchanalian frenzies. Now they bring their polyrhythmic jams and liberated masculinity into your living room with a record release imminent on visionary Melbourne label Two Bright Lakes. Free yourself…
- Cover art by Lashna Tuschewski, an artist working in illustration, embroidery, collage, handmade jewellery, and ceramics.
The Lifted Brow: Digital is available on your preferred iOS device. Get the app now — it’s free to download, and even free-er to enjoy.