The latest Lifted Brow: Digital is here, peering down at you from the rooftops and wafting towards you across the street.
In our Gargoyles & Garbage Edition, Shane Jesse Christmass is on the run from chubby cops and Kimye, Emma Jones says goodbye to the German mountains, Oliver Mestitz rounds up mythic Victorian beasts, A E Reiff writes the fjords, and Julie Chevalier shares three new bang bang poems to shoot you down.
Our contributors are pretty much the opposite of gargoyles and garbage. Here’s a bit more about them:
- Emma Marie Jones is a Melbourne poet, writer and editor whose work has appeared in Scum Mag, Above Water and others. She blogs at emmamariejones.com
- Oliver Mestitz writes poetry and fiction and makes music as The Finks.
- Shane Jesse Christmass is the author of Acid Shottas’ (The Ledatape Organisation, 2014). He’s a member of the band Mattress Grave, and firmly believes that the future of the word, the novel, will be in synthetic telepathy.
- Julie Chevalier writes poetry and short fiction in Sydney. Her third book, Darger: his girls (Puncher & Wattmann) won the Alec Bolton Prize and was short-listed for the WA Premier’s Poetry Prize, 2013. She co-edited Cracking the Spine: ten Australian stories and how they were written (Spineless Wonders, 2014).
- AE Reiff is the author of the upcoming Histo-Possum. Archetypes by day, Pennsylvania Dutch, ceramics by night.
- Cover art by Lashna Tuschewski, an artist working in illustration, embroidery, collage, hand made jewellery, and ceramics.
The Lifted Brow: Digital is available on your preferred iOS device – get the app now.