Sharp-eyed Facebook friends of the Brow’s will have already seen a sneaky peek of TLB34’s cover, but it’s now official – here are the cover and contents of issue thirty-four of our quarterly attack journal, which we have just sent to the printers, who will soon transform it from a bunch of ones and zeros into a real, physical thing you can hold in your real, physical hands. Thanks to Prudence Flint for this wonderful cover!
Australian readers: from June 4th you can pick up one of these beauties with the muted tones (mmm, that millennial pink) from any of our 900+ stockists.
International readers: buy a copy from our online store and we’ll chuck it right in the post for you.
As always, you can subscribe to the Brow now and this issue (and three more) will be delivered straight to your door. (Plus you save thirty-five per cent by doing so!)
Issue thirty-four of The Lifted Brow features:
- cover art by Prudence Flint;
- nonfiction from Rebecca Harkins-Cross, Jana Perković, Hayley Singer, Nick Taras, Peter Polites, Susana Moreira Marques, Simona Castricum, Anushka Jasraj, Bastian Fox Phelan, Alice Robinson, Richard M Hanson, Nicole McKenzie, Michael Dulaney, Chloë Reeson, Stephen Pham, Anne Boyer, Caren Beilin, and Elizabeth Flux;
- fiction by Shaun Prescott, Ben Walter, and Houyem Ferchichi (translated by Znaidi Ali);
- poetry by Hayan Charara, Patricia Smith, and Winnie Dunn;
- a conversation between Hayan Charara and Patricia Smith;
- a conversation between Bruce Pascoe and Kim Mahood;
- comics and artwork from Charline Bataille, Ella Sanderson, Merv Heers, Steve Tierney, Loveis Wise, Grace Rosario Perkins, Jini Maxwell, Eaten Fish, Safdar Ahmed, A. Murray, Rachel Ang, Johdi Zutt, Lizzie Nagy, Jo Waite, Tommi Parish, Tara Booth, Anna Di Mezza, Jose Quintanar, Mickey Zacchilli, Rafferty Amor, David Cragg, Felix Decombat, and Michael Hawkins;
- and, as always, Benjamin Law and his mum Jenny’s sex and relationships advice column.