Hot on the heels of our big win earlier this week of the Stack Awards ‘Best Original Non-Fiction’ award, we can now tell you that TLB28 | The Art Issue is today on the shelves in hundreds of newsstands, bookstores and specialty outlets throughout Australia, and will be in stores overseas very soon. Get out there and find yourself a copy! This issue is so excellent for so many reasons. You’re really missing out if you miss out.
Of course, you can have TLB28 delivered straight to your door, if you choose to do so as part of a subscription. Subscribe to The Lifted Brow and we will post you four issues of the magazine, and you’ll receive them even before our stockists do! Plus you’ll save 35% off the cover price.
The Art Issue is weird and wonderful. Check out these shots from Alan Weedon:
TLB28 | The Art Issue includes:
- cover art by Michael Hawkins,
- visual works from Paul Yore, Julia Trybala, Kim Denson, Elwyn Murray, Marc Pearson, Lee Lai, Tommi PG, Annabelle Kingston, Matt Huynh, Prue Stent, Safdar Ahmed, Nicky Minus, Holly Childs, Lashna Tuschewski, Sam Wallman, Romy Durrant, Freda Chiu, Bailey Sharp, Michael Hawkins, Ben Juers, Mansoora, Murtaza, Saood, Mona, Women’s Class, Madina,
- a feature from The Refugee Art Project,
- nonfiction from Rebecca Harkins-Cross, Jana Perkovic, Sarinah Masukor, Toby Fehily, Krissy Kneen, Alexander Bennetts, James Brown, Lucas Smith, Elizabeth Caplice, Sophie Allan, Eugenia Flynn, Colin Varney, Jane Howard, Gina Marich, Caroline Anderson, Melissa Ashley,
- a transcript of a roundtable discussion featuring Anna Poletti, Melinda Harvey, Astrid Lorange, Tara McDowell, Ellena Savage and Stephanie Van Schilt,
- poetry by Danez Smith, and ekphrastic poetry from Tommy Pico, Andrew Rhys Young and Lia Incognita,
- Benjamin Law and his mum Jenny’s sex and relationships advice column — but this time Ben and Jenny are asking the questions, and artists respond visually
- and more.
Last week we held a special art exhibition — a live supplement to TLB28 | The Art Issue. The exhibition featured the artists from the issue, with pieces of artwork on show.
And if you needed any more convincing of the quality of The Art Issue, today our friends over at Literary Hub are featuring a piece from it: Toby Fehily’s ‘The Joy of Writing about THE JOY OF PAINTING’. Toby’s piece is about Bob Ross, written in the voice and style of Bob Ross. Those of you who know Bob Ross will just love this piece. Those of you who don’t know of Bob Ross: you’ve got some excellent YouTubing ahead of you.
We bid good reading to you all. Thanks for being a Brow person.