What’s black and white and read all over, and also now on its way to our subscribers? That’s right, it’s the newest edition of The Lifted Brow!
Our thirtieth issue is a special one: with fluoro orange paper stock on the cover, additional rear wrap-around art by Freda Chiu, and detailed printed fore-edges also by Freda Chiu. You won’t believe how pretty those fore-edges are, at least not until you watch the video below.
But wait, there’s more: in addition to looking great, TLB30 is also packed with great content, like
- nonfiction from Luke Carman, Antonia Hayes, Dion Kagan, Lee Kofman, Jana Perkovic, Stephanie Van Schilt, Rachel Hennessy, Fregmonto Stokes, Lauren Carroll Harris, Emily Meller, Elizabeth Bryer, Iris Lee, Anezka Sero, Rebecca Jessen, Rosie Funder, Joshua Barnes, and a response to our previous issue’s cover by Hamishi Farah, Aurelia Guo and Zac Segbedzi;
- fiction by Joy Williams, and by Ryan O'Neill;
- comics and artwork from Sam Wallman, Tommi PG, Ines Estrada, Merv Heers, Sam Dexter Davis, Maren Karlson, Grace Wilson, Hamishi Farah, Rachel Ang, Lizzie Nagy, Andy Connor, Aaron Billings, Angelica Roache-Wilson, Haein Kim, Elenor Kopka, Michael Hawkins, Hiro Mcl, Ben Juers, Nancy Liang, Anuj Shrestha, Haejin Park, Dewey Guyen, Jayde Perkin, and Susanna Rose Sykes;
- poetry by Natalie Eilbert, and by Izzy Roberts-Orr;
- and, as always, Benjamin Law and his mum Jenny’s sex and relationships advice column;
How can you get your hands on a copy of this most delicious edition of the Brow, I hear you ask? The answer is, as ever, to subscribe, subscribe, subscribe. Subscribers get the very first access to our editions, and they get a 35% discount off the cover price, and they get a warm glow from helping the magazine that helps Australia and the world’s most interesting writers and artists. As if that weren’t enough – subscribers also get discounted entry to the launch party for this issue, to which you should come if you are in the general vicinity of Melbourne, Australia, on June 11.
Not a print subscriber? TLB30 will be available from our network of stockists from June 2 onwards. Live in a country that’s not Australia? Grab a copy here. Like to read things on a screen rather than on glorious paper with amazing printed fore-edges? Get a digital subscription. However you get your greasy mitts on the Brow, make sure you get them on this edition, because it’s a cracker.